Write for us
Want to be a part of our team?
Send in a cover letter explaining why you want to write for us and what you’d bring to GALO Magazine, your resume, and two to three published clips to [email protected] with “GALO Contributor” in the subject of your e-mail.
Please include which section(s) you would potentially be interested in writing for.
All contributing positions are unpaid, and therefore, voluntary at the moment. While we might not be able to offer compensation at this time, all writers receive their own byline with a bio page, a place on the Masthead, press credentials/passes to exclusive events, the chance to interview their favorite celebrity or artist, and the opportunity to be published online in a professional magazine (not to mention being a part of a company that is growing every day!).
Applicants can be based anywhere in the world, from NYC and L.A. to London and Paris.
What are we looking for?
Applicants must have:
- A strong grasp of the English language (including spelling and grammar).
- The ability to meet strict deadlines and fact-check their own work.
- Prior journalistic experience (can be academic).
- Ability to write both short-form snappy pieces (150 to 500 words) as well as long-form ones (1,200 words or more).
- Be comfortable speaking with individuals via phone or in-person.
- A Facebook and/or Twitter account.
- Since you will be writing from the comfort of your own home, a fast Internet connection and computer are required.
- Ability to turnaround pieces within a day or a week to two (depends on timeliness).
- An interest in the arts, entertainment, celebrity or culture/travel sectors is also a plus but not mandatory.
Remember, all work submitted to GALO should be informative, original, entertaining, witty, and at times, thought-provoking.
Internships are also available for a 3 to 4 month duration. All interns are required to write daily (either Monday through Friday or Friday through Monday) for the duration of their internship. Internships are unpaid; however, school credit may be provided if your university allows it.
Got a great idea for an article?
If you have an article idea that you’d like one of our contributors to write, please send it in to [email protected].